We have all grown up watching or listening to advertisements on TV, Radio, Newspaper, Magazines and now, the Internet. We have come to associate certain thoughts and emotions with these ads. Some of these ads have stayed with us and in some ways influenced our purchasing choices over the years. That’s the power of advertisement.
If you are responsible for the marketing and promotion of a business, you would know how influential an ad campaign can be. In this blog post, we list out a few points that you must keep in mind while getting a video ad made:
- Know your audience: This is the most important thing of all. If you don’t know your audience, how can you build a strategy to influence them? To begin with, you should know who is your primary audience. Is it someone in their 40s or their 20s? Does gender play a role in making a decision about buying your product? Where is your audience from? Is it Tier 1 or Tier 2 city? Which income group do they belong to? In short, you should know as much as you can about your target audience.
- Know their concerns: It goes without saying that it is important to touch upon the concerns of your target audience. If it is a cooking oil that you want to advertise, do you think it makes more sense to tell your audience that the oil makes healthy as well as tasty food? If you are advertising a beauty brand, should you focus on its natural ingredients or the various shades available? When you identify their concerns and address them, it helps the audience relate with the brand and answer their questions regarding your product and brand.
- Know what is your goal: You must have a very clear idea about what you want your audience to do after viewing the advertisement. Do you want to promote a special offer or let them know about a new product you have launched or promote all the various services you offer? You should have an understanding of what is that you want to achieve through the ad campaign?
- Know your budget: It goes without saying that any ad comes with a price tag. There are two parts to the cost: the cost of producing an ad and the cost of marketing the ad. Simply getting one made and not marketing it would be a good beginning but not yield the desired result. It is important to be realistic about what you want and how much you are willing to spend. If you have gotten ads made previously, you would know what was your returns on investment. That can help you decide what is a good budget that would earn you the best returns. But you are doing it for the first time, it is advisable not to spend all your marketing budget on one ad. The first ad will help you understand your audience, their response and the returns and thus, you can plan better the next time.
- Know how many ads you need: If you are planning to remain in the game for the longest possible time, plan ahead. Do not stop at one ad. One ad may give you a good start but no matter how brilliant that one ad was, it will soon be pushed behind by other content posted by other brands. It is therefore important to stay in the memory of your audience. Plan in such a way that you can come up with ads at a regular interval or at least prior to the season or event when you expect a spike in the sale. It will get your audience’s attention to your brand at a crucial time and increase your sales.
If you have any questions regarding your next ad campaign or if you are looking for a video production company that can help you design and create a video ad, get in touch with us today. You can either write to us at [email protected] or call us at 9625500791.